Commissions I will do:
- comic-, movie-, game- and cartoon characters
- OC characters
- OC anthro characters
- mature sculptures but I will only do naked sculptures of female characters and pin-ups is the most sexual I will do! (the type you can already see in my gallery)
Also, take these to account, when asking about commission.
- Don't just ask " How much will my OC character cost?" I will not comb through page after page guessing what picture you meant.
- Show me excactly the picture you want me to sculpt. If there is no picture, that means I have to do design work, which means more costs to you. Take a note: A simple pencil sketch isn't much to start with. Better the picture, less costs.
- Show me as much of reference material you have of the character.
- You have to be over 18
- What size do you want the sculpture to be. The bigger it is, the more it will cost. ]
NOTE: THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES THAT I USE TO ILLUSTRATE MY POINT OF HOW MUCH WORK IT TAKES TO MAKE THESE SCULPTURES.
It takes me about a month of 8 hour workdays to do one sculpture from start to finnish. and when you start to think about the ammount of hours one has to put in one of these sculptures, the cost can get really high. Even with avarage minimum wage (about 7-8 dollars, wikipedia) the price would be about 1000-1500 for a custom made sculpture plus materials and shipping. (I live in Finland by the way). I know the prices in the comic book industry can get ridiculisly high (That would be about 3000-6000 dollar's for just sculpting a 12 inch statue and doesn't include painting. But I can't compare myself to them. They are in the league of their own.)
By "minimum wage" I mean the sculpture would cost 1000-1500 american dollars (NOTE: in some cases the cost can get even higher because it just takes more time [1-2months] . It depends of the size, detail and the wanted quality.) Minimum wage in this example, I took from wikipedia, which is 7-8 dollars per hour of work. It's just an example to illustrate my point of how much work goes into these sculptures. (These are not mass produced collectible sculptures that many people are used to see in comicbook store shelves)
[ EDIT 1: I DON'T WORK MINIMUM WAGE, JUST TO CLARIFY. YOU HAVE TO SEND ME A NOTE AND ASK, BECAUSE EVERY SCULPT IS DIFFERENT. ]
If you want me to make a sculpture that is more subjectable to mold making and casting multiple sculptures, then the cost will be higher. If it's gona be mass produced, the cost will be even higher.
I've had too many requests where people offer me to do a sculpture for about 100-300 dollars/euros. I just reject these offers because it just wouldn't be worth my time. Sorry if it sounds cold but I do this just for a hobby and if I'm gona start doing this more seriously I'd rather not work underpayed.
Alright and what about postage and all the shipping and taxes. These will also contribute to the total cost that I haven't included in my examples and to tell the truth, I haven't looked much into.
But if after all this, some of you potential buyers still are interested of my services, then contact me by note and we can negotiate more and if we come to somekind of an agreement, I will get more info regarding the postage and all that.
PS. The Bernal statues are not for sale publicly (send a note) but if someone makes an offer I can't refuse (By that I mean enough money is offered) I may reconsider it and if I get permission from Bernal to sell them.